Saturday 13 March 2010

Today I am mostly...

Today I am mostly watching Death Note and then hopefully going to sign for my car, and then hopefully going to go look at pushchairs. Mine needs to be replaced, and I've spent the last couple of weeks trawling through websites trying to find the Perfect Pushchair that does everything I want it to. We thought we might go for the Bugaboo Bee but it's far too small, and the basket was impossible to get to easily. For shame! Now we're probably going for the Mama's and Papa's Sola.

I am addicted to pushchair shopping. I think it's because I never really got to do it when I was pregnant. We were flat broke and couldn't afford to shop for what we wanted, we just had to get what was in our price range (or rather, what we felt comfortable asking my parents-in-law for, which wasn't much) and we ended up with something I really disliked almost immediately. So getting another crack at the whole thing is very exciting. I'm like a kid in a candy store! The only regret I have is not being able to do this earlier, when I would have gotten more use out of whatever it is we end up getting. Once she's about 12-18 months old well probably get this for nipping around in. I'm a sucker for the vintagey, uber-girliness of it. The part of me that has been very very poor for the majority of the last 3 years and who never had much money as a teen is screaming "Buy something cheap! You can get a perfectly good stroller for £50!" but where's the fun in that? The part of me that owns 50 pairs of shoes and three ball gowns and 6 cocktail dresses despite never having gone to a ball or a prom or a cocktail party is going "OHMYGOD SHINY". I think we both know which part will win.

If I had it all to do again, with unlimited funds, I'd probably go for the Bugaboo Bee Plus (the Bee's younger sister, which has solved the Bee's main problem of being impossibly small, but with a whacking great price hike) which is super cute and pretty much everything I need in a pushchair, except that it costs about half the husbbot's monthly wage. So perhaps not for us, then.

Thus concludes possibly the most boring blog post ever written. Thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment